Thursday, December 17, 2009

City Hall Christmas 1: Bake Off



The "holiday" tree decorated with origami peace cranes is gracing the second floor of San Francisco City Hall again...



...and down the hall on Wednesday afternoon there was the Third Annual Board of Supervisors Holiday Treat Throwdown...



...where a trio of celebrity judges awarded prizes for most creative, most festive, and most delicious (click here for Heather Knight's wrap-up at SFGate).



One of the judges, Beth Spotswood (above), feared that the desserts would somehow be politically correct and awful, but she was overwhelmed by the level of baking craft displayed. "Some of these could be served at the top restaurants in town."



Board President David Chiu eventually received a trophy for Most Creative, with his replica of City Hall complete with gingerbread people representing the supes and the mayor. Congratulations to all.

4 comments:

affinity said...

I am so glad you do all these activities and documnent them. I really appreciate it!

Greg said...

I wish my brother worked at city hall so he could kick some serious ass with his nutella brownies and cranberry/apple pie. those electeds woulda been crying tears bigtime :-)

Civic Center said...

Dear affinity: Thanks. I've actually been knocked down by the swinish flu for the last 2+ weeks so I'm not roaming very far for these posts lately. Still, it helps me feel like I'm still alive.

affinity said...

I too have had the swine flu. Today is day is day 26 and just since Monday have I felt like my old self but still a little sleepy.