Sunday, April 17, 2011

Apocalypse Soon: The Bible Guarantees It!



The back yard of a South of Market Gay Bear Bar, the Lone Star Saloon...



...was being presided over on Saturday afternoon by Avis (above), the tarot reader, who between advising clients was reading a book about Witchcraft.



In a truly serendipitous bit of yin/yang grotesquerie, a billboard on the side of the same bar is currently advising the public about Judgment Day this May 21st, just a little over a month from today. My favorite detail is the Gold Certificate clip art containing the slogan "The Bible Guarantees It." Apocalyptic Good News doesn't get any more authenticated than that.

8 comments:

Your driver said...

Damn. I was across the street from there just yesterday. Somehow I missed that sign. With a little over a month til the end times I'm tempted to max out my credit cards and have some fun. I wonder how long that sign can remain unaltered in that neighborhood.

Axel Feldheim said...

We have one of those billboard on Chestnut Street. I guess Marina folks are in need of a warning as well.

John Marcher said...

That's my birthday. I'm unsure how to celebrate it this year in light of this revelation.

Civic Center said...

Dear JM: My birthday is the day following Judgment Day. I guess we'll just have to take a wait and see attitude before making any plans just in case the Four Horsemen do make an appearance.

Matthew Hubbard said...

My sister's birthday is earlier in the week, but my dad's is just after. So I guess I still have to shop for her, probably something perishable, like a nice cake, but I'll wait to get my dad something.

By the way, the statement in the gold medal is crap. Matthew 24:36 says as much, and though Dr. Camping hates to admit it, that's in the Bible.

Civic Center said...

Dear Matty: The next thing you'll be telling us is that every word in the Bible isn't true. I guess we know where YOU'RE going during The Rapture.

Matthew Hubbard said...

Dear sfmike: It's true, I don't believe every word of the Bible is true. If there is a Rapture, I consider it a really primo opportunity to upgrade to some better transportation.

Pura Vida said...

you guys are cracking me up!