Wednesday, November 19, 2008
The Contemptuous Motorcade
A group of San Francisco Police Department motorcycle cops jumped off their vehicles at Market and Third Streets at 2:15 this afternoon for a northbound motorcade for some VIP.
The fast-moving parade consisted of about a dozen other motorcycle policemen and a half dozen police cruisers...
...which preceded three silver SUVs that presumably were transporting an unknown important person to an unknown important place.
Fifteen minutes later and five blocks away, next to the Main Branch of the public library, the same damned motorcade was making its way down Larkin Street to cross south across Market Street again.
The most annoying feature of this exercise was the complete contempt the police displayed for the citizens they were supposedly entrusted with protecting, particularly the policeman in the photo above. "Get on the sidewalk! Now!" he repeatedly shouted angrily at everyone.
Since the San Francisco Police Department doesn't seem to care about solving regular crimes against San Francisco citizens, the motorcade just reinforced what I've long suspected.
Their only real mission is to protect the top 1% of the population from the other 99%.