Sunday, September 20, 2026

Ferry Dreaming

Last Thursday afternoon was gloomy in San Francisco, so on a whim I bused to the Ferry Building, bought a sandwich at Acme Bread, and ran for a ferryboat to Larkspur just for the hell of it.
I was also hoping the sun would appear in Marin County, and those hopes were fulfilled, even leaking over to San Francisco on the return.
Ferryboats are my favorite means of transportation, and I would love to explore the world documenting them...
...everywhere from Southeast Asia to the Mediterranean.
In the meantime, a new ferry terminal at the Berkeley marina is being proposed, and though neighbors are of course objecting, it's a wonderful idea. Every town on San Francisco Bay should have a docking station of some sort, and in a perfect world there would even be connecting public transportation. I have a dream.

1 comment:

Lisa Hirsch said...

I detect a book proposal.