Saturday, December 24, 2011

Happy Heidimas



Being raised a Southern California beach boy, Christmas has never had quite the same primal pull for me as for most White Northerners, and this week's gorgeous, drought-stricken, California weather has only been a reminder of that essential cultural estrangement.



The only person I still know from high school days, Heidi, is a California beach girl who became a Tibetan Buddhist woman.



She had the (mis)fortune to be born on December 25th, so let us all dedicate tomorrow to her, when the Buddhas will be celebrating Heidimas.

2 comments:

AphotoAday said...

Way to go Heidi -- lets give Christ a little bit of competition! He is SUCH a glory hog...

Pura Vida said...

Thanks Michael for the No Fear Mudra Buddha and the due respect for my birthday. But I am just a simple So Cal girl and so I am off this beautiful X-mas morning for a beach walk with my sister. With love for all sentient beings,
Heidi