Saturday, October 27, 2012

Protect Me, Virgen



A pair of litigious, mentally unstable sociopaths have sued me and six of my elderly, retired neighbors at a condo complex in Palm Springs last week for "no less than $500,000." The assertions and fabrications in their legal complaint are insistently lunatic, which is very troubling. I was on the condo Board for about four months three years ago, and resigned because their constant harassment was destroying my health while trying to recover from AIDS-related pneumonia. Others have taken up the mantle of defending us, but with this latest lawsuit, it seems I have no choice but to deal with these monsters again.



This week I called a Mexican-American friend with the story, and he promised to have his 90-year-old-plus grandmother in El Paso pray for me, which was followed this morning by a dream that was unusually vivid. I was in an unfamiliar Mexican city at a senior center, and an older lady befriended me and offered a key that was attached to a thin golden girdle that wrapped around my waist. There followed a series of frightening adventures involving dogs and pigs and soldiers and quicksand and earthquakes, but I felt completely safe through it all. After waking, I walked by 8th and Mission where the billboard above has just appeared, and let's just say it felt like a sign. Gracias, abuelita. Your love is much appreciated.

4 comments:

janinsanfran said...

Joining the prayer brigade! Don't let the trolls get you down.

janinsanfran said...

One more thing: I'm struck by the copyright notice on the billboard. Really?

Civic Center said...

Dear Jan: That 2001 copyright really is strange, isn't it?

Pura Vida said...

you're in my prayers too.