Wednesday, February 29, 2012

It's Not as Bad as It Looks



Receiving an urgent phone message from my dermatologist to immediately schedule an appointment with an ophthalmological oncologist (read, "eye cancer doctor") down the hall, at the beginning of this year, was just the start of two months of anxiety. All's well that ends well, though. My eyes turned out to be fine, and a small patch of skin cancer on my nose was eradicated Monday morning. I guess my dear, departed mother should not have raised us on Southern California beaches day in and day out, but who knew?

7 comments:

momo said...

So glad to hear that there was no spread and that you were able to be treated with care!

Nancy Ewart said...

I am glad to read that all is well, thanks to early detection and the wonders of modern medicine. Now, just put an eye patch over that bandage and you will be SF's own "Pirate of the Civic Center."

AphotoAday said...

Holy shit, man, take care of yourself. Speedy recovery!

janinsanfran said...

So glad to know you got it off -- and yes, I will keep on insisting on seeing my Kaiser doc about this thing I'm growing ...

Vince said...

Great to hear you got though it without any problems. Get well soon and enjoy your break!

Civic Center said...

Thanks, everyone. Right now the feeling of utter relief is a sheer pleasure.

Matthew Hubbard said...

Get better soon, buddy. Glad to hear the prognosis was positive.