Sunday, October 21, 2007

CIA With Special Guest Torturers



For bizarrely eclectic bookings, no place really competes with Bill Graham Auditorium in the Civic Center...



...which hosts everything from Mayor Newsom's dog-and-pony-show, "Homeless Connect"...



...to Microsoft product launches along with the occasional rock concert.



Sunday morning I walked by one of the great accidental pieces of signage ever (above). "Interpol" is an indie rock band out of NYU and "Liars" is an indie rock band originally out of Cal Arts. Together they are a double-bill made in paranoid heaven.

4 comments:

Lisa Hirsch said...

That is the best thing I have ever seen in my life.

sfwillie said...

A comma after "guest" would have saved us a lot of confusion.

Is the real Interpol something I should be paranoid about?

zoo said...

speaking of paranoid-android...
"President Bush said Tuesday that plans for a U.S.-led missile defense system in Europe are urgently needed to counter an emerging threat of attack by Iran."

it's the planet of the apes part2!!!
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071023/ap_on_go_pr_wh/bush

janinsanfran said...

Oh joy! I've just picked up a tiny camera so that when I'm in my normal running around mode, I can capture such gems.